Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Daring Sewing: My First Dress

  A while back I decided that I wanted to try and make a dress for my little girl.  There is this site that has the cutest handmade dresses and sometimes I get close to splurging and getting one!  But I figured that I'd try to make one myself!  So I did some searching for patterns on Pinterest and came across this one, The Bella Dress, that I liked and it was in beginner level! It had a good tutorial and wasn't too hard to follow along.

So I used a skirt that was marked down at Wally-World for like $3 and some material that I already had and made this! I finished this dress in one afternoon, stopping every once in a while to get or do something with the kids!  So not too bad, considering that sometimes when I start projects it takes me forever to finish them!  Remember to read through the tutorial all the way at least once!  There were a few times when I thought I got what it meant but then ended up messing up in a few spots!  Good thing its not too noticeable, especially on this cutest little model! ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment